Terms and Conditions
Connecting Worlds participants in the Internship Programs, Volunteer, Teaching English, Spanish classes, Working Holidays and other programs, should read and accept the following terms and conditions:
1. DEADLINES AND APPLICATION: The following deadlines correspond to the number of weeks before the participant must be registered, taking into account the start date of the program. For applications received past these deadlines, we will study each individual case, taking into account the time elapsed and the possibility to be a part of the program.
|Teaching English||Consult us for more information|
2. REGISTRATION: In order to confirm your placement and complete the registration process, please fill out our application form online and read and accept these Terms and Conditions. The refundable* registration fee of USD 249 should be paid upon acceptance into the program.
The participant who makes the transfer bears all the expenses that may arise from the transaction. In case Connecting Worlds is charged any fee for the Bank deposit/ Bank transfer, Connecting Worlds is entitled to charge the participant that amount when he or she arrives. For Bank Transfers, an additional USD 25 will be added to the total amount of the program to cover the cost of the transaction.
A copy of the bank transfer slip specifying personal details and reason for payment must be sent to confirm the enrollment.
If we are unable to confirm your placement, the application fee will be returned in full. The registration fee is not a part of the total program price. *Please read our refund policy.
3. PAYMENT OF THE PROGRAM: The program must be paid in cash in U.S. dollars (USD) and must be paid in full at least four weeks (30 days) before the start date of the program. The program fee must be paid to our local partners directly. Connecting Worlds reserves the right to cancel the program if the payment is not received on time.
3.1 CONTENT OF CONTRACT INFORMATION AND PAYMENT OF SPANISH COURSES: Upon confirmation of the Spanish course, the participant establishes a direct contractual relationship with the school. The balance in the fee must be made directly to the school. For the pre-payment, the exchange rate of the day is applicable.
4. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: These policies apply to every program. Exceptions to these rules are explained below in PARTICULAR POLICIES, according to the different program´s options. These policies may vary from our partners. In this case, we will apply partner´s policies.
-Cancellations are valid only when they are sent via email to the following address: [email protected] or by letter, signed and dated. In each case, cancellation fees and administrative charges are applicable.
-The date we receive the written notice is considered to be the date of cancellation. In the case of a no show or failure to provide a written cancellation, the participant is responsible for paying the complete program fee.
-The registration Fee is refundable up to 60 days before the start of the participant's placement in the host country. All refunds will be made less the costs incurred in processing the refund such as bank and transaction fees and a CW processing fee of USD 75.
-Less than 8 and until 4 weeks before the program starts: All refunds will be made less the costs incurred in processing the refund such as bank and transaction fees and a CW processing fee of USD 150.
-Less than 4 weeks: Registration fee is not refunded.
-If CW is unable to organize a requested course/program, Connecting Worlds will offer a complete refund.
-Because Program Fees are paid to our partner organizations (either directly or through CW Latinamerica and not to CW) they are not refundable by CW.
-Connecting Worlds will not alter its policy of cancellation under any circumstance (illness of the participant, family problems, terrorist attacks, wars, etc). Therefore, we recommend you purchase a trip cancellation insurance.
REFUND POLICIES FOR PROGRAMS IN ARGENTINA:
NUMBER OF WEEKS BEFORE THE PROGRAM STARTS
Up to 8 weeks: All refunds will be made less the costs incurred in processing the refund such as bank and transaction fees and an CW processing fee of USD 75.
Less than 8 and until 4 weeks: All refunds will be made less the costs incurred in processing the refund such as bank and transaction fees and a CW processing fee of USD 150.
Less than 4 weeks and until 2 weeks: Registration fee is not refunded. A 15% penalty applies to the total cost of the program.
Less than 2 weeks: Registration fee is not refunded. A 60% penalty applies to the total cost of the program.
After the program has started: No refunds shall be given for any program, accommodation or any other services booked.
-There will be no refunds after a program has begun. Programs can get canceled and/or changed once on site, Connecting Worlds is not responsible for these changes.
- In the event of visa refusal, Connecting Worlds will refund all fees except the registration fee, the visa fees and bank fess.
4.1 LATE ARRIVALS, ABSENCES AND EARLY RETURNS: No refunds are given for late participants or for loss of days during the program due to any kind of absences on the part of the student, whether justifiable or unjustifiable. No refunds are given either for justifiable or unjustifiable early returns.
4.2 INTERNSHIPS AND WORKING HOLIDAYS PARTICULAR POLICIES:
-If Connecting Worlds is not able to find a placement for you within given time limits, your registration fee will be refunded. The registration fee will not be refunded if you decline a placement that meets your requests as outlined in your application.
-Refusal by the participant to attend interviews will not constitute reasonable or in alternate placements.
-No refund will be issued to participants making alternate arrangements or alternate placements.
4.3. ACCOMMODATION PARTICULAR POLICIES:
-Participants must abide by the rules of behavior given by Connecting Worlds and/or given by our partners.
- Even if Connecting Worlds transfer service is not required, the participant must always inform about arrival details at least 72hs before the arrival, so there will be people waiting for them at accommodation. If the requested information is not provided, Connecting Worlds can not guarantee that someone will be waiting at the accommodation.
-If participants do not arrive according to the schedule, Connecting Worlds does not guarantee that someone will be waiting for them.
-If participants are not pleased with the assigned accommodation, they may request to change it. The claim must be addressed to the coordinator personally or by mail. After evaluating the causes of the requirement and valid reasons for such a request, Connecting Worlds will make every effort to look for another accommodation option. Connecting Worlds will not refund any amount of money in case the participant leaves the accommodation.
- If for reasons of broken water or gas pipes, poor condition of walls, lack of functioning heating, irreparable damage that makes the kitchen or bathroom unusable the participants stay in the rental unit is made impossible, Connecting Worlds will relocate the participant to a new room with similar characteristics and facilities and the participant will not be responsible for damages or losses to the property owner and Connecting Worlds will not apply any sanctions against the participant for the damage deposit or rent payments. If these damages were caused by the participant he/she will not be located in a new accommodation and the property owner will be notified so as to take the corresponding legal actions against the participant.
-Connecting Worlds will not pay any changes in accommodation made by the participant´s behalf. If a problem with accommodation arises, the participant should call Connecting Worlds 24hs emergency phone number.
-The host can inform Connecting Worlds about any irregular situation with the participants, even ask for a change of accommodation if there are reasons valid enough to do that. · In case of hiring more than one destination, it is participant´s responsibility to ask the local coordinator about the information related to the accommodation details in the following city.
5. TEACHING ENGLISH PARTICULAR POLICIES:
-‘’Teaching Institution’’ can include any one of the following: a school with students ranging from grades kindergarten through 12 or a Latinamerican not-for profit organization that provides short-term work assignments to foreign volunteers.
-Applicants understand that there will be a review of submitted documentation and an interview process to determine eligibility for program acceptance. If the applicant is found unsuitable for the program, a full refund of all fees and deposits paid will be made within 10 business days of the decision.
- Applicant agrees that the information she/he provides on any application is true and to the best of their knowledge accurate. Applicant also understands that any false or misleading information may be grounds for dismissal from the Connecting Worlds’ program.
-Applicant agrees to provide proof of medical insurance coverage, paid for by applicant, by email or fax prior to arrival into the country.
-Connecting Worlds may refuse any applicant who does not meet the program eligibility requirements or any applicant that is not deemed appropriate for the Connecting Worlds program. Application processing fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
-All placement decisions are made by the Teaching Institution. Connecting Worlds does not have the ability to make or influence placement decisions. The applicant must be prepared to accept the placement offered by the Teaching Institution. Connecting Worlds is happy to pass along specific requests to the Teaching Institution; however, Connecting Worlds cannot guarantee that any request or preference will be met.
-Attendance at an in-country orientation and training is mandatory for all participants. Failure to attend is grounds for dismissal from the program.
-If a participant does not complete the term of their contract with the Teaching Institution, for any reason, Connecting Worlds is not obligated to refund any part of the participant’s fees.
-Connecting Worlds is not providing any travel arrangements for the participant. All travel arrangements are the solo responsibility of the participant.
-Connecting Worlds reserves the right to dismiss from the program any participant who is deemed by Connecting Worlds or the Teaching Institution, to be a danger to themselves or others or whose conduct is deemed to be detrimental to the program or the rules of the Teaching Institution. If the event of such dismissal, Connecting Worlds shall not be responsible for any travel expense, airfare, charges, or any other expenses incurred by the participant as a result of any such dismissal.
-Participant must consider his or her personal health or safety needs when applying for placement with the Connecting Worlds program. Any special accommodations necessary must be disclosed on the application and Connecting Worlds in its sole discretion shall determine if the applicant suffers from any health or other condition that would create a risk for them while abroad or while in the program.
- The participant must supply Connecting Worlds with the name and contact details of next of kin, to be contacted in the case of emergency.
-The participant is responsible for understanding and following all materials made available regarding safety, health, legal, environmental, political, cultural and religious customs and conditions in the host country. The participant must also be aware of local conditions that may present health or safety risks when making daily choices and decisions. Each participant shall be fully responsible for any laws regulations or customs that are broken, regardless of foreknowledge.
-Participants are fully responsible and liable for their criminal acts.
-Participation in the program shall be from the orientation in the host country until the last day of participant’s Internship assignment.
-Working and living conditions in the host country are likely to be very different from those experienced in the participant’s home country.
-All travel in the host country before, during and after the program is at the participant’s own risk. Participant’s who wish to operate motorized vehicles must at their own cost and risk obtain the necessary license, permission and insurance.
6. GRIEVANCES: Participants that believe to have a legitimate reason for complaint must notify it to the company in the location where they are taking the program and to Connecting Worlds as soon as possible. Connecting Worlds will respond to all reasonable complaints and will put all its effort to resolve any problems arising during the time the participant is attending the program. No complains posed after the participant has finished the programs will be responded by Connecting Worlds which reserves the right to refuse any refund if the student declined to accept any reasonable solution offered by Connecting Worlds. All matters outside the control of Connecting Worlds and its partners will not be considered for refund.
7. RULES OF BEHAVIOR:
-The minimum age to participate in our intercultural programs is 18 years.
- Participants are expected to observe certain rules of behavior such as respect for fellow students, companies or organizations, Connecting Worlds staff, program providers, tour operators, and host families.
- Connecting Worlds shall not tolerate under any circumstance the illegal use of drugs, alcohol abuse, offensive and disrespectful behavior, and disrespect for the local laws, and reserves the right to withhold programs and accommodation from any participant who fails to comply with these regulations or for any other reason deemed necessary in the sole discretion of Connecting Worlds, and to further send home, without escort and refund, any non-compliant participant. In such a case, the return trip will be at the expense of the participant or the participant´s family.
8. CHANGES (Programs in Argentina) :Changes can be made to the program until two weeks (14 days) prior to your arrival without incurring additional costs. After two weeks, all changes to the program will incur a non-refundable fee of USD 100. However, if you select a more expensive program and accommodation or wish to extend the duration of the program, this fee does not apply.
9. INMIGRATION AND VISAS:It is the responsibility of the program participants to check all immigration requirements applicable to their country and the duration of their stay. Connecting Worlds will be happy to assist you in obtaining information on your particular situation, however all costs associated with the visa or immigration requirements are the responsibility of the participant of the program.
10. ARRIVAL/AIRPORT TRANSFER: Participants must send the electronic copy of their itinerary via email at least one week before arrival, to confirm and coordinate your pick up at the airport. Any change in itinerary or flight must be reported immediately to the staff of Connecting Worlds to avoid complications upon arrival. Without communicating these changes or sending the electronic copy of your itinerary, Connecting Worlds cannot guarantee the shuttle service and it is a non-refundable service.
11. DELAYED FLIGHTS: If the participant's arrival is delayed for any reason (flight cancellation or illness), there will not be any refund for the lost days of classes, internships, volunteer work, activities or accommodation.
12. MEDICAL INSURANCE: Participants are obligated to obtain their own medical insurance against sickness, accident and 3rd party liability prior to their arrival in the host country. In addition to providing health insurance, the plan must cover medical evacuation and repatriation. Connecting Worlds is not responsible for any costs incurred by the participant related to illness, accident or any other reason that results in the participant returning early. Connecting Worlds provides health insurance through their website as a courtesy to the participants. However, we are not connected to any insurance company and are not involved in claims or disputes that participants may have with the insurance company.
13. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS:It is the responsibility of the participant to make sure that you have a valid passport, which is accepted by the country's immigration authorities, and is valid for at least six months after completion of the program.
14. MINIMUM AGE:The minimum age to participate in our intercultural programs is 18 years without the accompaniment of a parent or guardian.
15. TERMINATION OF PROGRAM:Connecting Worlds reserves the right to terminate the participant’s program at any time for serious reasons such as drug use, illegal activities that do not comply with local laws, or other activities deemed inappropriate. If it is necessary to finish the program Connecting Worlds will provide in writing the cause of it.
16. LIABILITY: Those involved in the Connecting Worlds programs may be exposed to some risks. These risks may include, but are not limited to, accidents and / or illnesses without the possibility of immediate medical facility, the force of nature, air travel and transport, terrorism and war. By paying the registration fee and/or by signing the terms and conditions agreement upon arrival, the participant assumes all risks and agrees to leave Connecting Worlds directors and employees from any liability that may occur as a result of your participation in our programs.
Connecting Worlds expressly states that its role is only an intermediary between volunteers and the people and / or entities that serve them, having carried out this operation in the name, partly by order of the service provider.
You acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions.